Imagine a home remodel that not only fits your life, but lets you live fit. Our retrofit remodeling services have allowed many of our senior customers to stay in the homes they love. We can use our expertise as a certified aging in place specialist to make your home safer and more comfortable.
When you choose a home remodel to support aging in place, it is important to keep in mind your home's value, condition and the length of time you can expect to live there. Some remodeling choices are better than others. Hannegan & Sons will work with you to provide thoughtful solutions to the lifestyle changes and living challenges which are a common and natural part of aging. Together we will create the best plan that takes into account your needs and desires, as well as the preservation and enhancement of your home's value.
Retrofit remodeling includes cosmetic interior and exterior updates, and incorporate universal design features important for senior homeowners:
- Widening interior & exterior doors & hallways
- Adding no-step entrances & ramps that allow for easier access
- Creating first-floor master suites with media systems to control alarms, lights, lock, intercoms & music
- Removing walls to reveal open floor plans with fewer barriers
- Lowering counters & light switches & raising wall outlets
- Improving lighting
- Designing lower storage areas in kitchen & bathroom cabinetry
- Replacing sunk-in tubs with larger showers with seat, grab bars & hand-held shower head
- Installing easy-to-use lever-handled hardware on doors & sinks
Talk to us about situations in your home that concern you—as a certified aging in place specialist, we will propose a range of solutions tailored to your needs and expectations. Remember, the best time to plan for aging in place is before you need it.